The following grief and counseling services are available for College of Law students, faculty and staff.
For students only:
- Embedded Therapist: Cierra Collum offers free individual/couples counseling at the College of Law building on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You can reach Cierra at email@example.com for questions or to schedule an appointment.
- The University Counseling Center (UCC) offers individual/couples/group counseling, crisis counseling, workshops, psychological assessments, and medication services. UCC hours are Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 6 pm and Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. More information about UCC services is available here.
For employees only:
- The Employee Assistance Program is available by calling 801-587-9319. More information about the EAP is available here.
For students and employees:
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute (HMHI) Receiving Center: Individuals can visit and speak to a counselor and stay for up to 23 hours. This is not a hospital admittance, but rather a supportive place for individuals to visit and receive care until they feel grounded and supported. The HMHI Receiving Center is at 501 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108. For more information, visit the HMHI website or call 801-583-2500.
- Information on grief and loss is available through the University of Utah College of Nursing here.
- Grief Support Groups: Caring Connections offers grief support groups that are eight weeks in length and offered quarterly at the University of Utah College of Nursing, various University of Utah Health Centers, and online. More information is available on the College of Nursing website.
- Crisis Services:
- Same-Day Crisis Appointments are available through the University Counseling Center at 801-581-6826 (Monday to Friday).
- Safe UT: 24/7 Chat and Crisis Line via text or by calling 833-372-3388.
- Utah Crisis Line: Call 801-587-3000 (for after-hours and weekend support)
- Dial 988: The 988 Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.