To activate an Academic Pass, visit http://nytimes.com/passes
- Create a free NYTimes.com account using your school email address. If you see an error message, you most likely created an account previously.
- If you already have an NYTimes.com account associated with your school email address, log in with those credentials. If you need to reset your password, visit http://nytimes.com/forgot.
- Check your email inbox for our confirmation message.
- Click on the link in your confirmation message to validate your email address and claim your Pass.
- If the confirmation email didn’t arrive, check your spam folder.
- If it isn’t there, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your school email address to request confirmation.
You have successfully claimed a Pass when you see the Start Your Access screen.
- If you click through and receive the message “Access unavailable – You already have an active New York Times digital subscription” then you have a current subscription to nytimes.com. If you wish to cancel that subscription and grab an Academic Pass under the school’s program, just e-mail email@example.com.
Every 52 weeks, each user on our NYTimes subscription has to reactivate their “pass”. To reactivate, please visit nytimes.com/passes and just login (don’t create an account.) You’ll receive a verification e-mail with an embedded link. Click that and you’ll activate another “pass” for one year.
Now you can enjoy seamless, full access to NYTimes.com, INYT.com and NYT mobile apps from any location, on or off campus, just by logging into your NYTimes.com account. You may download NYTimes mobile apps at nytimes.com/mobile.