Here is a small sampling of recent bioethics news stories:
- HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius plans rules making it easier for patients to access their personal electronic health records.
- The New York Times addresses issues raised when one sperm donor fathers 150 children.
- A bioethics professor challenges Michele Bachmann’s assertion of a link between the HPV vaccine and “mental retardation.”
- FDA cautions the Corn Refiners Association in its efforts to convince the public that “sugar is sugar.”
- A bioethics conference met to discuss the need for clearer ethical guidelines for drug trials in the Middle East.
– Kim Child