Admissions Process 2013-2014
Applications for the J.D. program will be available October 1. They must be submitted online through www.LSAC.org by February 15, and application files must be complete by March 10 to be considered on time. We will begin acknowledging receipt of applications on November 1. Financial Aid applications should be submitted by April 1.
A file will be considered complete when the following have been received and processed:
- S.J. Quinney College of Law application submitted through the LSAC website
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score
- Personal statement
- Official Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report (CAS reports must include transcripts from all colleges or universities ever attended, regardless of credits being transferred or applied toward degree requirements. This includes college or university transcripts from high school concurrent enrollment programs.)
- Non-refundable $60 application fee
- One Letter of Recommendation
- For international applicants, foreign transcript evaluation from LSAC and a TOEFL score (if necessary)
- Preferred, but not required: One LSAC Evaluation
Financial Aid Checklist
- Gather tax information in January for your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete and submit FAFSA before April 1 whether or not an offer of admission has been made.
- Complete and submit the University of Utah Financial Aid Institutional Form (UFORM) before April 1.
For more information on applying for Financial Aid, please click here.