Mission of the Center for Innovation in Legal Education
Expand the horizons of our students and faculty by encouraging a culture where technology is thoughtfully integrated to enhance learning, research, and service.
- Develop innovative pedagogies to assess and expedite the students’ mastery of skill and doctrine;
- Enable students to simulate real-world experiences and apply leadership and decision- making skills;
- Preserve and maximize the benefits of real-time social interactions and critical thinking in and outside of the classroom;
- Allow students to transcend the limits of space and time to study law with peers in other schools, provide cross-cultural experiences and exposures, interview and counsel clients in remote locations, and engage in interactive learning and assessment on demand;
- Facilitate the faculty’s use of SMART classrooms, interactive learning tools, and participation in globally-connected classrooms; and
- Expand law school pedagogy through technology to build professional training capacity.
- Create digital libraries to develop and disseminate legal research in order to fill critical knowledge gaps;
- Identify, attract, connect, and engage world-class experts more efficiently; and
- Broaden and engage off-site audiences in discussions of the critical issues of our time.
- Connect faculty more efficiently to deliver service globally;
- Provide online assistance to those who are unable to afford market-rate legal services; and
- Store and disseminate digital content through our web law TV station, student writing portfolios, and publications.