Registering and Checking Out Copywork Projects
- Your copywork project must be registered and a consulting librarian assigned before you may begin checking out materials to your project.
- Your editor will receive a notification e-mail from Felicity containing a copywork project number, the name of the assigned consulting reference librarian and the ILL (interlibrary loan) username and password. The editor will forward this e-mail on to all relevant parties.
- The copywork number that is assigned to your project will be used as a tracking ID for many aspects of your project.
- Retrieve items from your cite list (See Step 3). Bring all items to the information desk on level one to be checked out to the project. Law Library items will be checked out to the project and given identifying cards. Non-law library items will also be given identifying cards, but are the responsibility of the individual who requested or retrieved them. Speak with someone at the desk if you need a cart.
- Note: the following high-use materials may not be checked out to copywork projects except by permission of your consulting reference librarian:
- After a project is registered and items have been checked out, bring your cart of books to a designated copywork location on level five. Only items that have been checked out should be on carts.
- If a project is outstanding at the time of item due dates, Circulation will contact you to review your projected completion date and renew the project for an extended time period as needed.
- When the project is completed, make sure your items are checked in at the information desk. They will re-shelve materials for you.
|-State statutes||-State Administrative Codes|
|-U.S. Reporters||-Supreme Court Reporters|
|-Reserve items||-Reference items|
Note: We have no control over the due dates of other lending libraries, including Marriott and Eccles libraries. Persons responsible for these materials must renew and return these items in a timely manner. If you need to photocopy or scan a borrowed item so you may return it on-time, Copy/Scan Codes are available to all copyworkers (at the circulation desk) to prevent fines from accruing on time sensitive materials.
Do not re-shelve books until they have been checked back into the system.
Any questions on the above policies and procedure can be directed to Felicity Murphy email@example.com